Introduction........ how to do you even introduce such a vast subject. For those of you that have been reading the blogs or following the brand for any length of time will know that I'm somewhat a little obsessed with making the human body stronger and more resilient. And the sweet science behind this process is something I have devoted years of study to and continue to read and learn everything single day. It amazes me that with some blood sweat and grit your able to increase the physical capabilities of your body more force output, the ability to move faster and jump height not to mention the increases in bone strength I mean the human body is pretty amazing when you think about it.
With that said I think it's important to tell you the purpose of this series of volumes is not to outline a specific training program there are plenty of those but to provide you with the skills to understand the processes of strength training the how what and why of all aspects. Developing the knowledge required to critique other training programs, see-through training myths and fads, Identity "Fit Pro's" who are more profit-focused than they are actually providing excellent training, design your own training programme according to the scientific laws that govern progress.
Let's take a look at the different volumes we will have in the series.
- Adaption - The primary objective of Training
- Specificity - Using the right tools for the job.
- Overload - The magnitude of the load must be above the habitual level
- Recovery - Without it the gains are minimal
- Stimulus - Application and sequencing - too much to soon and break down not often enough and full cycle happens.
- Accommodation - A general law of biology
- Individualisation - While everyone needs overload how much and how often will vary as well as exercises selection.
- Periodisation - Piecing it together to create a masterpiece.
Throughout this series, I will provide examples for strength sports in particular. Feel free to comment or send us a message regarding any of the chapters as we go our goal is to provide education to those who seek it.